Jump to Navigation

FREE Case Evaluation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Visit Our Family Law Website

Our Office Location

Colorado Legal Solutions
10200 West 44th Ave.
Suite 120,
Wheatridge, CO 80033
Local: 720-443-5149
Toll Free: 877-900-7312
Fax: 866-332-8697
Maps & Directions

FindLaw Network

July 2012 Archives

Using trusts to protect assets from a possible divorce settlement

More Coloradans are waiting until they are older to get married, and that means both parties may have acquired substantial assets before the wedding day. Another increasingly common situation is that people entering into a second marriage want to protect the assets they brought from the first marriage and eventually give those assets to their children.

Missing Longmont child tied to custody case

In any child custody case, and especially in a contentious one, child abduction may be a concern. Unfortunately, when parents feel that their rights are being unfairly curtailed, they sometimes act rashly. The high stakes and accompanying tension of a court case make this kind of behavior all the more likely.

Denver man charged with burning wedding dress, photos, skis

A 35-year-old Congress Park man was arrested and charged with second degree arson for acts and harassing threats he made on the night of Friday, June 29. Apparently, the man called and left messages for his estranged wife threatening to beat up and kill her new boyfriend. Those threats were confirmed once police heard the man's voicemail.

Colorado relocating parents must ask permission, provide new plan

Once parents receive custody of their children after divorce, there are many reasons why they may have to move to a different home. Especially in today's economic climate, parents often have to move for a new job, an employment or military transfer, or to a smaller home, or near family members who can help out with caring for the kids.

Parents relocating overseas still responsible for child support

The U.S. House of Representatives recently passed a law making it easier for state child support agencies to collect payments from parents living in another country. The 2007 Hague Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance was amended by a voice vote in the House ensuring that international governments would enforce U.S. law.